Below are the most frequently asked questions about textbooks at the UNMC Bookstore. If your question isn’t answered below, please call us: 402-559-4455.
When are textbooks on sale?
Textbooks are available, for purchase or rental, a month before the semester starts in-store and online.
Can I shop online for my textbooks?
Shop online 24/7 on this website. Please make sure you have created a login before you access your textbooks on the UNMC Bookstore website.
What's the best way to find a textbook on UNMCBookstore.com?
UNMC Bookstore makes it easy to find the exact textbooks you need for every class. Add your courses to view a list of textbooks and materials as specified by your instructor(s).
There are three easy ways to find a textbook:
- Select the Term, Department, Course, and Section affiliated with your class.
- Click the ADD COURSE TO LIST button to add the class to your course list.
- Click the GET YOUR BOOKS button to see a full list of all your books for each selected class
What options are available for textbooks?
We sell: hardback, paperback, loose-leaf new or used books.
What is the Textbook Refund Policy?
- LAST DAY FOR FULL REFUND: The last day for a full refund coincides with the day after the University’s date to withdraw from class for a full refund. After those dates, all textbook purchases are final, no refunds. Dates and Deadlines are viewable on the Academic Calendar here.
- NEW BOOKS: Must be in NEW condition with all CD's, tapes, code cards and any supplements.
Helpful Tips: Do not remove shrink-wrap, write/mark in books, or remove any pages until you have attended class and are certain you have the correct book, or will not be changing/dropping classes.
Do you deliver?
We offer the following delivery options:
- In-store Pickup at UNMC Bookstore OR Sorrell Center C-Store Pickup FREE
You'll receive a notification email when your item is available to pick up in the store. Please wait for this email before coming into the store.
- Intra-Campus Mail FREE
- UPS Ground 2nd Day Air, Next Day Air
- USPS -only for PO Boxes/APO/FPO
- USPS -Priority Mail for All International Shipments
Why is my book out of stock?
There could be several reasons we’re out of stock: enrollment may be larger than estimated, textbook information hasn’t been received from your instructor, books may not be available or are delayed from the publisher.
During rush we receive new shipments daily, so ask a bookstore rep at the Textbook Counter about an out of stock book.
What are my payment options?
Whether you buy in person or online, students have three payment options:
- Credit Cards
What’s the difference between a refund & textbook buyback?
A refund is when you receive all your money for the textbook purchase as compared to when you sell back your textbook. When you sell your textbook(s) you receive a percentage back of the retail purchase price of the book(s) in cash.
When is the best time to sell back my textbooks?
The best time to sell your textbooks is during prep & finals week when the store purchases books for the upcoming semester. If your textbook won’t be reused on the UNMC campus, it may still have a national market value. The Bookstore buys textbooks at wholesale prices every day.
How does the UNMC Bookstore determine what textbooks are being used for the next semester?
The decision as to which textbooks are being used each semester is decided by faculty, Department Chairs and/or Deans, and Departments. The Bookstore does not make these choices.
How do I return a web order by mail?
Include the packing slip and receipt (receipt can be reprinted on the order history page) with your return.
Ship your return to the following address:Attn: Returns Department
3908 Jones Street
Student Life Center
Omaha, NE 68198-7025
Shipping is your responsibility and is not refundable, unless due to our error. No credit is given for lost or damaged packages in route to UNMC Bookstore.